A Grade Building and Repiling
Wellington Certified builder, licensed building practitioner




Are you qualified to do specialist foundation work? 

Yes, we sure are, Robert has 30 years’ experience in foundation work. He is a licensed building practitioner and a member of the certified builders association and, lastly but not least, has served a four year building apprenticeship. 


How long does repiling a house take?

Repiling a house can take anywhere from one day, to five weeks depending on many mitigating circumstances. Robert will be able to give you more of an idea after consultation via phone, email or onsite evaluation.


What does repiling a house cost?

Costs vary greatly depending on depth to solid ground, distance from road and difficulty to get to house, size of house and what’s required. Cost range would be $5,500.00excl gst (min charge) and up from there depending on many different mitigating circumstances. 


What length of warranty do you provide on work?

We provide 10 years on workmanship and materials. 


Do you have a minimum charge?

Yes we do, minimum daily charge is set at $3,500 + gst. This includes both labour and materials. 


What are costs for undertaking ground testing, foundation checking and earthquake structural strength checking?

We charge $550.00 + Gst + a travel charge (if outside Wellington central area) for Scala penetrometer testing and on site inspection. 


Do you undertake uplifting of building consent if it’s required?

Yes, in all circumstances. We use our own architect to apply for consent, and our own engineer should his services be required.


What are the benefits one might expect after completion of foundation work with A Grade Building and Repiling (1996) Ltd?

Resale value because a bonafide contractor that is a New Zealand Certified Builder association member has undertaken the work. Capital improvement value, a steady floor and peace of mind knowing work was completed with a ten (10) year warranty period attached. 


Are there any other Certified Builders or Registered Master Builders other than A Grade Building and Repiling, repiling currently in Wellington, Kapiti, Lower and Upper Hutt area?



Do you have references that can be viewed?

Yes, please visit nocowboys.co.nz (link - http://www.nocowboys.co.nz/businesses/a-grade-building-repiling-ltd) to view. 


How long has A Grade Building and Repiling been in business?

A Grade Building and Repiling were incorporated in 1996. Check companies register. New companies are a dead give away for previously bankrupted or dodgy inexperienced companies.


What sort of experience has Robert got as far as the construction/foundation specialist side of things go?

Rob undertook a 4/four year (8,000 hour) Building apprenticeship with O.V.L Builders. He then worked for various companies for 2 years, and then most importantly, worked for Wellingtons formally, most qualified Repiler, Denis J Morgan for 4/four years, as his foreman. Denis has since retired, and Robert has taken up that mantle. 


What is underpinning?

Underpinning is excavating under a foundation wall and excavating down to solid ground under it, by either boring or vibra-piling, then filling hole with concrete and if required, a steel reinforced cage. This is done where existing concrete foundation wall which is not founded on solid ground and is subsiding. 


When would a ground bearing inspection be best booked?

Robert usually tries to undertake Scala penetrometer testing as quickly as possible, and books a time of 11.00 am on any given day. Normally 48 to 72 hours notice, is all thats required.  


What type of equipment does Robert and his gang use?

We use the latest equipment and specialised lifting gear. We have recently switched to modern screw and mechanical jacks. 


Please ask at consultation for credentials. Anybody can say they are licensed, accredited, experienced and expert.

It would be our absolute pleasure to prove to that A Grade Building and Repiling are bonafide. Please ask us, we have nothing to hide. Furthermore, you can search Roberts name on the Licensed Building practitioners web site or the Certified builders web site. 


If I have more questions who do I ask?

Please email Rob, you can be assured I will reply with-in a few hours.